Monday, October 19, 2009

DJ Hero

    


A disc shattering (literally) animation from London's Framestore CFC for Activision's DJ Hero. Its nice to see gaming going beyond the control pad. I really loved Rockband  and DJ Hero seems interesting.

The animation is done really well, it has a very industrial-gritty theme to it, I was expecting a very flashy disco-isque  opening cinematic..oddly enough I was even expecting a retro approach to it...dont ask me why.
But this really gets you in the groove.
The production scale seems massive and I like the way the  design of the animation revolves around all the DJ instruments and gadgets - huge scratch pads - vinyl bases - speaker towers and freeways looking  like criss crossing wires. Well designed, well though of. Love the look.

Some trivia -

Who - Framestore CFC

No. of Artists - 25 CG artists
No. of Shots - 76 shots, 
Timeline - 15 weeks 
Misc - 4800 individual dancers, 5.1 Dolby Surround, HD video.



No comments: